Youth support co-ordinator – Luana Land
The role of the youth support co-ordinator (YSC) is to provide support to at–risk students predominantly in year 10-12 to remain engaged with their education to enhance their opportunities for further education and sustainable future employment.
The YSC also works with years 7-10 facilitating programs to students around their personal well-being, self-confidence, self-esteem and other concerns that may arise.
The YSC can assist students with the following;
- Referrals to out of school agencies and support services
- One on one case management with yr. 12 students around QCE Attainment and attendance
- Provide individual support when group work is not appropriate
- Counselling and case management
- Attendance follow up and home visits as required.
- Support for independent students – tax file number, Medicare, Centrelink, housing, bank accounts and referrals as required.
- Some financial assistance available for school requirements
- Advocating and liaising with other services on behalf of student
- Peer-support and social skilling
- Employability skills – resumes, cover letters, online applications and short courses to increase skills and knowledge.
- Conduct home visits with students and their families
Programs that the YSC facilitates with-in the school are;
- Breakfast and Lunch Clubs
- Love Bites
- Shine – Girls Program
- Peer Skills Support
- Girls with a purpose
- LYF Coaching for senior students
- Variation – senior students study support