Guidance Officer - Airlie Hill
The school has access to a full time Guidance Officer to assist students in meeting their personal, educational and vocational needs.
While at school, the Guidance Officer:
- contributes to the development of a comprehensive student support and wellbeing program that is responsive to the needs of the school community.
- may work directly with the student's teachers, school support personnel, family, other specialists or external providers to enable optimal outcomes for all students.
The Guidance Officer can assist with:
- Individual student support
- Student advocacy
- Behaviour support
- Consultation with and referral to external agencies
- Psychometric assessment and verification
- Presentation of workshops
- Assist with Year level camps
- Consult with and oversee Student Support Services
- Participate in PBS implementation and development
- Monitor QCE attainment and support
- Support Teacher well being
- Parent Interviews and support
- Careers’ support (Careers website, SET planning, Subject selection)
- University access and support for support (QTAC)