School Based Youth Health Nurse - Caz Cole
The School-based Youth Health Service is delivered in partnership with Education Queensland to address the health and wellbeing of the young people and the school community. Bowen State High School is serviced by a SBYHN 3 days per week, Mon, Tues & Fri. The SBYHN is located in A block, no appointment needed, just knock & Caz will be more than happy to see you J
School-based youth health nurses provide:
- Individual health consultations with assessment, support, health information and referral options related to:
- Healthy eating and exercise
- Personal and family problems
- Feeling sad, worried and angry
- Sexual health
- Smoking, alcohol and other drugs
- Growth and development
- Promoting health and wellbeing with a "whole school approach" to support the development of healthy school environments.
- Making recommendations on health resources to support curriculum, teaching and learning activities in schools.
The school-based youth health nurse does not provide medical treatments, first aid, or long term counselling.