Positive Learning and Wellbeing Coach (PLWC)
Work in an instructional capacity with teaching/ support staff to:
· Build capability of staff in the Essential Skills for Classroom Management (ESCM's).
· Increase the number of disengaged students returning to school.
· Develop whole staff understanding around Trauma and the effects on the adolescent brain.
· Implement whole school processes around Restorative Practice.
Work in a supportive capacity with teaching staff to :
· Establish sustainable work practices
· Support staff to increase contacts with parents/ carers to develop a positive relationship between school and home.
· Work in a supportive capacity with students and their parents to increase achievement of individual goals around curriculum and social emotional wellbeing.
Positive Learning and Wellbeing Coach
Tier 1 Whole School Intervention
- Lead Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) implementation and team to ensure the rollout of Habits of Mind (HoM) and PBL focus behaviours.
- Implement Year 7 Social Emotional Learning curriculum which includes units on Relationships, Diversity, Mindsets and Safety.
- Deliver Classroom Profiling training and conduct profiling as part of the coaching model.
Tier 2 Small group Intervention
- Facilitate suspension re-entry meetings (upon request) to rebuild student/ teacher/ parent relationships.
- Engage with suspended students to reduce repeat suspensions.
- Conduct Functional Behaviour Assessments on students with escalating behaviours.
- Implement the Positive Education Program (PEP) for identified students in years 7-10.
- Continue the PLW HUB Program to support students struggling during break times.
Tier 3 Individual Intervention
- Conduct complex case management of high behaviour/ disengaged students.
· Develop a care management team for identified students.
· Engage with parents/ external agencies for wrap around support of students and their gradual return to school.